Who is this course for? R is a popular open source language for data analysis. This course is aimed at people who would like to start using R for their data analysis tasks.
Learning Objectives: After the course, attendees will be able to use R data analysis projects; to load, clean, tidy, visualise and transform datasets and generate reports using R.
Course Length and Price: 2 days, £2,900 ex VAT
The course will teach “modern” R with an emphasis on using the tidyverse, a collection of R packages designed for data analysis. The course will cover:
- The tidyverse packages, and in particular dplyr for transforming data and ggplot2 for visualising data
- Import and export data from / to different data sources: text/CSV files, Excel spreadsheets, databases and APIs
- Clean and shape data, filter, group, sort and calculate with the dplyr library
- Visualise data and build charts with the ggplot2 library
- (optional) how to use R with Power BI
Below are some images from the lab exercises on the course.